LABORATORY SERVICES TEAM LEADER – CORROSION
Due to global expansion, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Corrosion Expert with the ambition, backed by a proven track record, to transition to a department management role.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and motivated group of departmental leaders in charge of day-to-day operations, resources, and analytical business with a team of dedicated scientists, engineers and technicians.
Applicants are required to demonstrate at least 5 years’ experience in a corrosion environment, proven track record of managing, developing, and mentoring people and delivering high quality results to deadlines.
- BSc in Chemistry, Metallurgy/Materials, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with a qualification in Corrosion Engineering desirable. An Honours degree or MSc is preferable.
- An in-depth knowledge of corrosion inhibition and laboratory techniques for chemical performance testing and experience in the use of corrosion prediction software
- Ability to provide technical direction to support training, review of data, and reports.
- Technical customer interaction, delivering high quality reports and presentations.
- Financial awareness and business acumen
- Assertive, self-motivated, enthusiastic leader
- Team building and management including coaching, mentoring and development.
- Effective communicator, successfully managing priorities and financial targets to tight deadlines.
- A logical thinker, ability to assess risks, develop strategies, make decisions and execute tasks.
- Ability to inform, drive and support organisational change and continual improvement.
- Knowledgeable in working to the highest standards of Quality, Lab Practice and Health and Safety
- A working knowledge of relevant oil and gas sector standards relating to materials selection and corrosion management such as ASME, ASTM, API and NACE.
The Company: –
Scaled Solutions Ltd is based in Livingston, Scotland, with an international presence in the Middle East, USA and Malaysia. We are an independent global chemical testing laboratory and Consultancy specialising in the qualification of production chemicals, drilling & completion fluids, and green technologies supporting the world’s largest oil and gas, utilities and environmental operators. The services are provided from our Livingston Head Office/Labs as well as from our locations in Abu Dhabi, Houston and Kuala Lumpur. International travel may be required.
The company is internationally recognised in its field and provides a broad range of independent services and innovative solutions in chemical/fluid qualification; formation damage and reservoir simulation projects; contract laboratory- based R+D projects; specialised equipment manufacture and specialised production chemistry consultancy services & training courses.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter, noting your salary expectations to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th June 2021.