As H2S scavengers are widely used within the oil and gas production industry on a continuous or batch-wise basis their performance and side effects require testing. Also, compatibility with other chemicals such as scale inhibitors requires laboratory testing prior to field application.
If alkaline sulphide scavengers, such as triazines, come into contact with high calcium brines, the risk of calcium carbonate scaling can be significantly increased depending on the field conditions.
Scaled Solutions Ltd provides laboratory tests designed to:
- Assess scavenger performance
- Measure the impact on the alkalinity
- Generate data to support scale prediction modelling
- Verify scale predictions using dynamic scaling tests
- Assess the performance of scale inhibitors for application with different scavengers